Angler Highlights

facebook icon twitter icon

Daisey Brumley

Hello, my name is Daisey Angela Brumley.

I am 52 years of age. I have been fishing since I was about 5. I lost my dad when I was 4, but this has never stopped me from learning to fish. I had an older brother who was an avid angler, at the age of 10, he was my coach. When I was growing up in the city every chance I got I found a pond or a nearby creek that I could not wait to get a bait in. As I got older we moved to the country. I was in hog heaven. Every day when I got off the bus I grabbed my Zebco 202 that I had hidden out in the bushes by the bridge near my house and fish until dark. About the Age of 12, I lost my mother who also loved to fish. Again this was not stopping me. I went further with my love of fishing and every fish I caught was kissed and released because my mom was not much on keeping the fish. I did this because this is something she would do. When I turned 16 and was old enough to drive, the catch and release had come to a stop. Every chance I had, I was again at someone’s pond, or a creek or the lake. I used to love to make sure that every elderly couple or a person without fish in my area would always have fish to eat. I still to this day fish every chance I get. I am an avid bass angler with a fishing addiction I can’t control.

My tournament fishing started when I worked and lived in Texas. I would frequent the beach and bays in my area. I started out salt water fishing and then got into the tournaments. I have fished several Bay tournaments (“Babes on the Bay” and “Lingerie on the Bay”) and then also fished several off shore tournaments (“Mermaids at Sea”). I did this for about 12 years. Life made some changes for me. I moved back to Louisiana and got married. My husband was an avid bass angler. This was right up my alley. We began entering a few tournaments together and this was like being in heaven to me. I also fished a few tournaments by myself. I am now a member of the LBAA thanks to a friend to me and Cousin of my husband for inviting me to be a member of an awesome group of ladies.

Motto: Give a man a fish he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish he will eat for ever

My biggest bass – 8lbs 6ozs

My Career- I have been in the Environmental Health and Safety for 20 years, I am currently employed at AECOM, located at Fort Polk LA

My Family, between my husband and I, have 6 children 4 g/2 b and 12 grandchildren 6 g/ 6 b

My favorite Verse; “I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.” Psalms 16:8 ESV

Contact info: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.